DATE: Thursday, April 15, 2021
Compassion has been shown to benefit patient health outcomes, alleviate clinician burnout, strengthen relationships, and improve organizational measures such as employee turnover and absenteeism. But what do we mean by “compassion”, and more broadly, emotional intelligence? How can it be cultivated as a practical skill? And how does this capacity help to prevent and decrease symptoms of burnout?
In this webinar, we will explore these questions and more, and participants will experience a taste of compassion training. More information about the upcoming Compassion Cultivation Training Workshop hosted by CPCA starting on May 3 - 24 will also be shared.
- Describe what is meant by “compassion”, “emotional intelligence”, and “compassion training / cultivation”.
- Describe how compassion and emotional intelligence can be cultivated through training and practice.
- Describe how compassion and emotional intelligence is a tangible skill that is helpful for burnout prevention.
- Jane Chun, PhD, Program Director, Compassion Institute
We have removed registration fees for this event. As one of CPCA’s most requested resources over the last year, we are offering this session at no cost in order to ensure wide-spread participation to learn more about how CPCA has partnered with the Compassion Institute and how Compassion has been shown to benefit patient health outcomes, alleviate clinician burnout, strengthen relationships, and improve organizational measures such as employee turnover and absenteeism.
HOW TO REGISTER
In order to register for any CPCA event, you must first be logged in to your account. If you do not have an account, you can create one. If you do not remember your login credentials, please email email@example.com. Once logged in, click the Register button, answer any questions that appear on the screen and click Save Responses. Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed to Checkout. Lastly, complete all payment details and click, Submit. You will receive one immediate email with a receipt of your order. Subsequent emails will follow with additional details. You can watch our brief registration tutorial video here. If you still have difficulty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from email@example.com and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5BusinessDaysPriorToEventDate.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing email@example.com according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.