DATE: July 14, 2020
TIME: 1:00PM - 2:00PM
Systemic racism is a public health crisis that disproportionately fuels disparities in health care outcomes for black communities. This interview with public health advocates will try to unpack the role that structural discrimination in our public health systems – from healthcare to the social determinates – plays in exacerbating disparities; and the urgent actions we can take to address bias and racism within our personal/professional lives as providers within the public health system.
- Analyze the intersection of race and health in our healthcare system
- Discuss actions providers can take personally and professionally
- Identify opportunities for change in the context of the movement for black lives
- Dr. Rhea Boyd, MD, MPH, Pediatrician and Child Health Advocate, Palo Alto Medical Foundation and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
- Dr. Oliver Brooks, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Watts Healthcare
Payment is due at time of registration. A 10% service fee will be applied for invoicing options.
* Webinar fees are temporarily being covered by 2020/21 membership dues as part of CPCA's pandemic response for members in good standing.
- CPCA Member: NONE
- Non Member Health Center: $100
- Associates: $112.50
- Non Member, Non Health Center: $125
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from email@example.com and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after July 7, 2020.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing email@example.com according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.
You must first be logged in to register. If you do not have an account, you can create one.
To complete your registration after logging-in, select Register
Answer any required questions and click Save Response
Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed To Checkout
Complete payment details and Submit Order .