DATE: Friday, September 14, 2018
TIME: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (PST)
LOCATION: CPCA Office Building, 1231 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
With the current trend of increasing Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) sweeps and raids to detain immigrants, community health centers are in a critical position to understand their roles and responsibilities in protecting their patients. In response, CPCA has drafted sample policies and procedures and offered multi-part training programs to help health centers answer questions and address concerns regarding immigration, while implementing policies that create a safer environment for both patients and staff.
Following last year's immigration training series, and to continue the efforts to help health centers prepare for the possibility of an ICE raid, CPCA is hosting a one day train the trainer style training to provide an opportunity for health center enforcement liaisons (staff at community health centers in charge of immigration issues) to prepare for an encounter with Immigration Officials. During this training, attendees will participate in interactive presentations, such as roleplaying, to help gain confidence in reviewing warrants, speaking to ICE agents, and answering questions on immigration from patients and staff. Participants will also receive materials to support the training and education of staff members in their health centers.
To ensure learning is spread across organizations, we limit registration to 2 registrants per organization. If more than 2 registrants are found to be registered from a single organization, you will be contacted regarding registration cancellations.
- Understand best practices in how to prepare clinic staff for an ICE Raid;
- Learn how to create private spaces in the clinic
- Be prepared if ICE is outside of your clinic or attempts to enter your clinic
- Learn how to identify staff to create a rapid response team
Payment is due at time of registration. A 10% service fee will be applied for invoicing options.
CPCA STAFF CONTACT
If you need further information, please contact the CPCA office at (916) 440-8170 or email Training@cpca.org.
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after Friday, September 7, 2018.
- To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing Training@cpca.org according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage at http://cpca.org/index.cfm/training-and-events/.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic.
To complete your registration after selecting "Register" below, scroll to the top of the page and click Proceed To Checkout .