This live event occurred on 12/19/2017; to obtain a copy of the recorded session, please continue registering below and you will receive an email with a link to stream the recording within minutes. Please email Training@cpca.org to obtain a copy of the slides.
With the passage of SB 323, FQHCs and RHCs have the option to choose to contract as Drug Medi-Cal (DMC) or Specialty Mental Health (SMH) providers. With a clear process, a greater number of FQHCs may elect to offer a broad spectrum of DMC and SMH services, which will make it much easier for patients to access these services and will enhance care coordination among behavioral health, substance abuse disorder, and medical providers. In this webinar, CPCA staff will outline the implementation plan and timeline and identify action steps that health centers should take to prepare for deeper integration into the DMC and/or SMH care continuum, should they choose to contract as providers of these services.
- Understand how SB 323 clarifies the law for FQHCs and RHCs to enroll as DMC and SMH providers and how services under these contracts differ from FQHC scope of service;
- Learn the SB 323 implementation plan and timeline;
- Identify preparation activities that will strengthen health center's readiness to successfully contract with DMC and SMH contractors.
- Paula Wilhelm, Senior Policy Analyst, County Behavioral Health Directors Association of California
- Meaghan McCamman, Assistant Director of Policy, CPCA
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive webinar access information emailed moments after registration. Be sure to add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses Citrix GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the Citrix environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic.
To complete your registration after selecting "Register" below, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click Proceed To Checkout .