DATE: December 8, 2020
TIME: 2 PM - 4:30 PM
This train the trainer session presents the impact of public charge and COVID-19 on immigrant health. Service providers, school administrators, city officials and others who serve immigrant communities are welcome to join us to protect the health and safety of all regardless of immigration status. You will learn about the public charge test, its impact on patients, best practices to inform community and opportunities to advocate for our collective health.
Presented by the California Primary Care Association, Northeast Valley Community Health Center, and Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County. Materials used in this presentation were created through the Outreach and Communication Work under CA - Protecting Immigrant Families Campaign.
- Feel comfortable speaking on public charge to patients and clients
- Increase understanding of the public charge rule, its impacts and where to acquire resources
- Connect with partners and build community with other providers supporting immigrant families
- Hope Nakamura, Directing Attorney, Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County
- Ariel Brown, Attorney, Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Liz Oseguera, Assistant Director of Policy, California Primary Care Association
Thanks to support from the California Health Care Foundation, there is no cost to attend this training.
HOW TO REGISTER
In order to register for any CPCA event, you must first be logged in to your account. If you do not have an account, you can create one. If you do not remember your login credentials, please email email@example.com. Once logged in, click the Register button, answer any questions that appear on the screen and click Save Responses. Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed to Checkout. Lastly, complete all payment details and click, Submit. You will receive one immediate email with a receipt of your order. Subsequent emails will follow with additional details. You can watch our brief registration tutorial video here. If you still have difficulty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from email@example.com and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after Dec 1, 2020.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing email@example.com according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.