CPCA is dedicated to creating a robust and diverse healthcare workforce that is responsive to and reflective of California’s diverse communities. As a result, we have implemented several initiatives to meet the workforce goals included in our strategic plan. Detailed information on key initiatives is located below.
CPCA Strategic Plan Workforce Goals:
- Promote the visibility of community based primary care workforce.
- Advance resources and support for primary care provider/staff training.
- Expand opportunities to support community members entering the health care workforce.
- Position community health centers as employers of choice.
- Grow and diversify health professions to better reflect California’s diverse communities.
- Reduce the barriers associated with hiring primary care providers.
Are you a CPCA member looking for additional workforce resources and peer sharing?
Make sure to check out our members-only, online community:
CPCA Workforce Resources
Building CHC Workforce Strategic Plans
CPCA, alongside the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), is developing a series of trainings and resources geared at helping CHCs assess their current workforce, identify gaps, and develop strategic workforce plans.
Health Professions Education and Training (HPET) Initiative
CPCA is working with HRSA to enhance health center readiness to train health professionals and “grow their own” workforce.
CHC Residency Road Map
The CHC Residency Road Map offers resources to develop and expand physician residency programs based in community health centers.
Compensation & Benefits and Workforce Development Reports
The Compensation & Benefits and Workforce Development Surveys are conducted annually to collect key insights on community health center compensation structures, workforce priorities, health professions training, and recruitment/retention strategies.
Workforce Resource Packet
The workforce resource packet contains a warehouse of resources that support recruitment, retention, training, staff resiliency, etc. in community health centers.
- Nataly Diaz, Director of Health Center Operations, email@example.com
- Isaias Iniguez, Associate Director of Workforce Development & Special Populations, firstname.lastname@example.org