Program Learning Objectives
- Understand and articulate your Health Center’s business strategy and connect your strategic workforce planning processes to it to accelerate business outcomes.
- Segment your Health Center’s roles to determine how each position contributes value and which roles are a priority versus those in the periphery.
- Conduct an environmental scan of your Health Center to continuously identify and monitor trends that affect the workforce and the organization.
- Analyze the current state of your Health Center to evaluate, benchmark, and inventory today’s workforce.
- Construct a detailed future state for your Health Center through scenario planning of how the organization, environment, technologies, and operational norms will look in the coming years.
- Identify gaps between the current and desired future workforce and organizational state.
- Create an action plan for your Health Center to address, design, and/or restructure elements of the organization’s structure and talent initiatives.
- Monitor and report with quantitative and qualitative benchmarks and milestones that are identified in the action plan. Report findings to stakeholders and management.
The AAFP has reviewed Strategic Workforce Planning Program, and deemed it acceptable for AAFP credit. Term of approval is from 11/08/2021 to 11/17/2021. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Credit approval includes the following session(s):
• 4.00 Online Only, Live AAFP Elective Credit(s) - Strategic Workforce Planning in Context
• 4.00 Online Only, Live AAFP Elective Credit(s) - Strategic Workforce Planning Learning and Application
• 4.00 Online Only, Live AAFP Elective Credit(s) - Enhancement & Reinforcement
• 4.00 Online Only, Live AAFP Elective Credit(s) - Measuring Progress
Frequently Asked Questions
CLICK HERE to view.
This learning opportunity will be delivered virtually via CPCA’s Online Training Portal. It will be broken down into four phases over the course of several months to ensure that content is digestible and builds upon each other.
DOWNLOAD MAP HERE
Expanding CHC Staff Training on Strategic Workforce Planning
While the first cohort of this program is limited to 30 participants, direct colleagues of those individuals going through the program will be able to participate in a SWP executive briefing. This additional training opportunity will equip an expanded network of CHC staff on the SWP model to maximize the spread and impact of the program. In turn, CHC staff will be able to work with their colleagues as a group to develop and implement their new or enhanced strategic workforce plan within their organization.
CPCA is partnering with HCI (Human Capital Institute) to design and deliver this customized Strategic Workforce Planning program. Since 2004, HCI has developed research-based learning resources designed to help HR professionals build strategic capabilities that drive personal and organizational transformation.
HCI Trustpilot Feedback
Verified Five-Start Trustpilot Feedback:
“HCI has a well-researched and thought-out systematic process to carryout Strategic Workforce Planning. The class was excellent. Our instructor led us through step by step with research and case studies that supported each step. I will be incorporating the HCI model into our overall talent management efforts. I highly recommend this class!” Lori M
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of an award totaling $4,398,941 with 0% percentage financed with non-governmental sources. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by HRSA, HHS, or the U.S. Government. For more information, please visit HRSA.gov.