ROLE: To make recommendations to CPCA Committees on specific, time-sensitive policy issues.
- Task Forces typically address time sensitive policy issues and may make informal recommendations to whichever Committee the Task Force reports up to.
- Task Forces meet as determined by the Chair and staff; sometimes monthly or quarterly depending on the groups’ needs.
Managed Care Task Force (reports to Government Programs Committee)
Chair: Alex Cotté, Director of Managed Care Services, Arroyo Vista Family Health Center
CPCA Staff Lead: Laura Sheckler, Deputy Director of Policy & Regulatory Affairs
CPCA Support Staff: Marisa Melendez, Senior Administrative Assistant
- Managed Care health plan contracts
- Monitor concerns and changes in the Medi-Cal Managed Care environment and provide guidance on responding to developments
- Monitor and respond to the state's Cal AIM implementation plan
Medicaid Managed Care: Lots Of Unanswered Questions (Part 1)
Medicaid Managed Care: Lots Of Unanswered Questions (Part 2)
Clinical Task Force (reports to Legislative/Regulatory Committee)
Chair: Dr. Joel Ramirez, CMO, Camarena Health
CPCA Staff Lead: Ekeoma "Ellie" Nwadibia, Senior Coordinator of Quality Improvement
CPCA Support Staff: Charlotte Labbe, Senior Administrative Coordinator
TYPICAL MEETING FREQUENCY/DURATION: Convenes virtually each month for 1-hour
- Share strategies, protocols, and promising practices across important clinically relevant areas, like clinical decision making, clinical operations, public health response, integrated care, quality outcomes, evolving statewide initiatives, and delivery reform
- Advise on clinical matters in policy and program work important to health centers and CPCA
- Develop clinical leadership through shared peer-to-peer learning and networking
Serve as liaisons to the CMA community clinic practice forum