This live event occurred on 9/1/21; to receive a copy of the recording via email, please continue registering below. To request a copy of the materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
California issued public health orders for health care facilities on July 26, 2021, and August 5, 2021, making it the first state in the US to enforce employer testing and healthcare worker vaccinations. As a result, Community Health Centers (CHCs) have until September 30, 2021 to enforce the state vaccination requirement to comply and prevent COVID-19 from spreading in health care settings.
Join us for a one-hour attorney-led webinar to learn how Community Health Centers (CHCs) can implement California’s vaccine and testing requirements without triggering discrimination lawsuits or regulatory fines. The webinar will provide an overview of the religious and medical exemptions under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and address the following questions:
1. What should/can we do if an employee does not qualify for a religious or medical exemption and refuses to get vaccinated?
2. What compensation obligations do employers have when providing testing to unvaccinated staff?
3. When receiving religious exemption requests, what threshold should employers keep in mind when proving undue hardship?
4. How do the recent requirements implicate employees who are remote or may not have direct contact with patients?
5. For religious and medical exemptions are we obligated to keep the unvaccinated staff employed?
- Understand how California’s July 26 and August 5 Vaccine requirements affect CHCs
- Identify common protocols and workplace accommodations that help minimize legal risk for CHCs
- Treaver K. Hodson, Partner, Palmer Kazanjian Wohl Hodson LLP
HOW TO REGISTER
In order to register for any CPCA event, you must first be logged in to your account. If you do not have an account, you can create one. If you do not remember your login credentials, please email email@example.com. Once logged in, click the Register button, answer any questions that appear on the screen and click Save Responses. Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed to Checkout. Lastly, complete all payment details and click, Submit. You will receive one immediate email with a receipt of your order. Subsequent emails will follow with additional details. You can watch our brief registration tutorial video here. If you still have difficulty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from email@example.com and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5BusinessDaysPriorToEventDate.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing email@example.com according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
*Last year, in recognition of the tremendous financial stress members were facing and to ensure that important and timely information could be accessed with no barriers, CPCA elected to waive training fees for the entire membership year (April 1,2020- March 31, 2021) and offer all training at no cost. As we continue to work in this pandemic environment to provide members the support they need, we must also plan for the future while supporting community health centers in improving the health status of their communities through advocacy, education, and services. Which is why the Board of Directors approved a budget in February that reflects a reinstatement of training fees effective for trainings taking place on or after April 1, 2021. If you have any questions or concerns about this change, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.