DATE: Wednesday, June 3, 2020
TIME: 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Pacific)
As closures and social distancing orders meant to limit spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) extend across the country, the impact is being felt in communities large and small. Feeding America states that while changes taking place are disrupting the lives of nearly everyone in some way, food-insecure individuals - who numbered over 37 million (11.5%), including over 11 million children, in 2018 - will face particular challenges, and the number of people who experience food insecurity is likely already increasing.
Community Health Centers who regularly distribute food to patients as part of our commitment to addressing food security as central to health care have seen significant growth in needs for food security. Our low-income patients now face even greater challenges to accessing food during the stay-at-home orders and many have lost income that makes it even harder to afford food for their families.
This 90-minute webinar will feature a round-robin discussion stimulated by speakers from 3 clinics who will share their experiences around meeting the food security needs of their patients during COVID-19. Please come prepared to share your work and pose questions to your colleagues on how you can begin, improve, and excel in meeting your patients food security needs.
- Learn 3 tips from peers about how to begin or improve/expand their current food security programs;
- Learn how 3 clinics have developed partnerships to expand and improve their food security programs; and,
- Hear 3 examples of how clinics are using staff to improve/expand their current food security programs.
- Kelly Bullan, Behavioral Health Case Manager, Shingletown Medical Center
- Jackie Fangonilo, RD, Registered Dietician, Chronic Care Coordinator, Mission Neighborhood Health Center
- Rigoberto A. Garcia, Director of Health Education, Venice Family Clinic
Payment is due at time of registration. A 10% service fee will be applied for invoicing options.
- Members: No Cost
- Non-Member Health Centers: $100
- Associates: $112.50
- Non Member, Non Health Center: $125
*Webinar fees are temporarily being covered by 2020/21 membership dues as part of CPCA's pandemic response for members in good standing.
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from firstname.lastname@example.org and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after May 27, 2020.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.
You must first be logged in to register. If you do not have an account, you can create one.
To complete your registration after logging-in, select Register
Answer any required questions and click Save Response
Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed To Checkout
Complete payment details and Submit Order .