DATE: Tuesday, June 9 2020
TIME: 1pm to 2:30pm (Pacific)
To combat the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), social distancing measures are being implemented around the country, but have placed patients experiencing homelessness and insecure housing at a high risk for infection. The coronavirus has driven many patients into shelters where they are met with unsafe conditions that promote the spread of the coronavirus, such as being surrounded by others who may have come into contract with people prior to entry. These patients are often in overcrowded and unsanitary conditions, with the added risk of pre-existing conditions.
Please join CPCA on Tuesday, June 9 from 1:00-2:30pm for a webinar with speakers from 3 health centers who will share their experiences around caring for patients experiencing homelessness while preparing and navigating through the COVID-19 emergency. This webinar will discuss a variety of topics including: considerations for working with this patient population, changes during shelter in place orders, care team structures and the digital divide. Please find more information and register below.
- Hear how health centers have adapted their care team and workflows to outreach and treat homeless patients
- Learn about potential partnerships with local partners to support homeless patients
- Learn how to begin, improve or modify current homeless programs
- Shannon Fernando, MSN-FNP, Chief Innovation Officer, Los Angeles Christian Health Center
- Elizabeth Torkington, BSN, RN, PHN, Street Health Outreach Program Manager, Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center
- Elisabeth VanVranken RN, BSN, CCM, Care Coordination Department Manager, Mendocino Community Health Clinic, Inc.
Members: No Cost
Non-Member Health Centers: $100
Non Member, Non Health Center: $125
*Webinar fees are temporarily being covered by 2020/21 membership dues as part of CPCA's pandemic response for members in good standing
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from firstname.lastname@example.org and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5BusinessDaysPriorToEventDate.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.
You must first be logged in to register. If you do not have an account, you can create one.
To complete your registration after logging-in, select Register
Answer any required questions and click Save Response
Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed To Checkout
Complete payment details and Submit Order .