This live event occurred on Wednesday, February 21, 2018; to receive a copy of the recording via email, please continue registering below.
Care teams are essential in today's environment to delivery quality, comprehensive health care in a timely and efficient manner. Medical Assistants play a critical role in providing care and expanding capacity within care teams. This 90-minute webinar will provide a practical review of California law on required training, supervision, and scope of practice for medical assistants. Staff from the Medical Board of California and the California Primary Care Association will be available to answer your questions.
- Know where to look for statutes and regulations governing medical assistants.
- Understand the training and supervision requirements for medical assistants.
- Identify tasks within a medical assistant's scope of practice.
- Know what constitutes the unlicensed practice of medicine by medical assistants.
- Kerrie Webb, Senior Staff Counsel, Medical Board of California
- Mike Witte, MD, Chief Medical Officer, CPCA
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive webinar access information emailed moments after registration. Be sure to add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage at http://cpca.org/index.cfm/training-and-events/.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the webinar environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic.
To complete your registration after selecting "Register" below, please scroll to the bottom of the page and click Proceed To Checkout .