DATE: Wednesday, May 27th 2020
TIME: 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (Pacific)
The National LGBT Health Education Center, a program of The Fenway Institute, is providing train-the-trainer sessions on how to use it's newly revised PrEP Detailing Kit and Readiness Assessment tools. These clinical resources to help providers incorporate PrEP into their practices, including helpful resources such as tips on taking a comprehensive sexual history, frequently asked questions about PrEP and a pocket card about PrEP prescribing and monitoring. Sessions will cover basics and case scenarios for PrEP, and empower clinicians to train their teams on how to use the PrEP Detailing Kit to make fast and well-informed decisions about PrEP management and care.
The session will last 60 minutes and will be engaging and interactive. Participants will also receive a physical copy of the PrEP Detailing Kit to use in their practice.
- Participants will learn how to start, stop, and manage PrEP in their clinical setting, as well as how to manage patients using PrEP At Home strategies.
- Participants will learn how to coach all members of a clinical care team on providing PrEP and supporting patients using the medication.
- Participants will gain resources to refer to when navigating PrEP management, including information on PrEP financing, working with pharmacies, and patient care.
Dr. Kevin Ard is the Medical Director for the National LGBT Health Education Center, a program of The Fenway Institute. Dr. Ard earned his MD from Washington University in Saint Louis and his MPH from Harvard School of Public Health. He completed the Doris and Howard Hiatt Residency in Global Health Equity and Internal Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital as well as the fellowship in infectious diseases at Brigham and Women’s and Massachusetts General Hospitals.
Dr. Ard also served as a chief medical resident at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. He is the recipient of the Edward H. Kass award for clinical excellence from the Massachusetts Infectious Disease Society, the Soma Weiss award for excellence in teaching from Brigham and Women’s Hospital, and the 2016 Men’s Health Award from the Massachusetts Medical Society. Currently, he is a faculty member in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Massachusetts General Hospital and an Instructor in Medicine at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Ard’s interests include LGBT health education, sexually-transmitted infections, and the prevention and treatment of HIV.
Payment is due at time of registration. A 10% service fee will be applied for invoicing options.
Registration fees for this webinar are discounted because of the generosity and support of the Fenway Institute.
- CPCA Member, Health Center: $50
- Associates: $62.50
- Non Member, Non Health Center: $75
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from firstname.lastname@example.org and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 04/13/20.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.
You must first be logged in to register. If you do not have an account, you can create one.
To complete your registration after logging-in, select Register
Answer any required questions and click Save Response
Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed To Checkout
Complete payment details and Submit Order .