DATE: Tuesday, December 1, 2020
TIME: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Pacific)
Colorectal cancer is the third leading cause of cancer death in men and women combined. Cancer screenings saw a dramatic decline at the onset of the pandemic, up to a 90% decrease, which will result in over 10,000 unnecessary cancer-related deaths over the next decade. Many health systems continue to try and get back on track with preventative health measures, including cancer screening.
COVID-19 further magnified the health disparities we know exist in our communities. There are still too many communities with lower colorectal cancer screening rates – rural communities, certain racial and ethnic communities, low income communities. Join this session and learn more about breaking down screening barriers during the pandemic. This webinar will focus on colorectal cancer screening 2.0: mailed FIT programs and alternative low-contact FIT distribution methods, as well as follow-up colonoscopy after positive FIT. Mailed FIT programs are an evidence-based practice to increase colorectal cancer screening within health systems. Diagnostic colonoscopies complete the screening process after a positive FIT and are necessary to providing quality patient care.
- Explain the decline of CRC screening rates due to COVID-19, the importance of getting back on track, and the need to prioritize specific populations;
- Review evidence for mailed FIT as an evidence-based intervention and describe follow-up after a positive FIT; and,
- Identify successes and challenges implementing a mailed FIT program within an FQHC.
Payment is due at time of registration. A 10% service fee will be applied for invoicing options.
* Webinar fees are temporarily being covered by 2020/21 membership dues as part of CPCA's pandemic response for members in good standing.
- CPCA Member: NONE
- Non Member Health Center: $100
- Associates: $112.50
- Non Member, Non Health Center: $125
HOW TO REGISTER
In order to register for any CPCA event, you must first be logged in to your account. If you do not have an account, you can create one. If you do not remember your login credentials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once logged in, click the Register button, answer any questions that appear on the screen and click Save Responses. Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed to Checkout. Lastly, complete all payment details and click, Submit. You will receive one immediate email with a receipt of your order. Subsequent emails will follow with additional details. You can watch our brief registration tutorial video here. If you still have difficulty, please contact email@example.com.
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from firstname.lastname@example.org and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 11/24/2020.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.