This live event occurred on 7/1/20; to receive a copy of the recording via email, please continue registering below. To receive a copy of materials, contact email@example.com.
CPCA and the California Department of Public Health’s Office of AIDS offer this free up-to-date webinar for clinicians practicing in community health clinics on the HIV biomedical prevention. We will review the current evidence for HIV prevention with tenofovir-based pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) used either daily or “on-demand”. In the context of “Stay-at-Home” orders during the COVID-19 pandemic, we will consider tele-PrEP and at-home HIV testing options that allow clinicians to continue to initiate and monitor people receiving PrEP. We will explain which patient populations have less or limited access to PrEP currently in California and how those populations might intersect with communities served by community health clinics. Finally, we will provide a brief overview of the core patient benefits that are provided in California’s Department of Public Health’s PrEP assistance program (PrEP-AP). These benefits are designed to remove financial barriers that have limited access to PrEP for some people. Finally, we will have time to review and answer questions on challenging PrEP clinical situations and new PrEP agents that are being developed.
- Describe the HIV prevention evidence for tenofovir-based pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) used daily or “on-demand”
- Understand options to provide tele-PrEP and at-home HIV testing during “Stay-at-Home” orders during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Explain which patient populations have less or limited access to PrEP currently in California
- Review the core patient benefits that are provided in California’s Department of Public Health’s PrEP assistance program (PrEP-AP)
Phillip Peters MD, Office of AIDS Medical Officer, California Department of Public Health
Adrian Barraza, Assistant Division Chief, Office of AIDS, California Department of Public Health
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from firstname.lastname@example.org and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5BusinessDaysPriorToEventDate.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.
You must first be logged in to register. If you do not have an account, you can create one.
To complete your registration after logging-in, select Register
Answer any required questions and click Save Response
Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed To Checkout
Complete payment details and Submit Order .