This live event occurred on 12/18/19; to receive a copy of the recording via email, please continue registering below.
The new Public Charge final rule impacts different public benefits in different ways. We invite you to join us to learn about the tools, tips, and best practices in understanding how to educate and help immigrant communities understand which benefits are safe to use and which may or may not have an impact on their Public Charge determination.
- Understand which benefits are impacted by Public Charge and which are not;
- Learn best practices about how to educate community members to use public benefits without giving legal advice; and,
- Gain resources to help immigrant communities navigate immigration rules surrounding Public Charge.
NOTE: This is the third webinar in a 3-part series regarding Public Charge which CPCA, the Redwood Community Health Coalition (RCHC), and the Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations jointly organized. You can register for the other sessions by clicking their links below:
- Public Charge 101, 12/03/19 at 12:00 p.m. (Pacific) (Register Here)
- How to Talk About Public Charge to Immigrant Populations, 12/12/19 at 12:00 p.m. (Pacific) (Register Here)
- Tanya Broder, Senior Staff Attorney, National Immigration Law Center
- Adam Carbullido, Director of Policy & Advocacy, Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations
- Joe Lee, Training & Technical Assistance Director, Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations
- Hope Nakamura, Directing Attorney, Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County
- Bethany Snyder, Advocacy Consultant, Redwood Community Health Coalition
There is no cost to join this session thanks to grant funding from PIF CA which fully finances costs associated with this webinar opportunity.
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from firstname.lastname@example.org and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting email@example.com.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.
You must first be logged in to register. If you do not have an account, you can create one.
To complete your registration after logging-in, select Register
Answer any required questions and click Save Response
Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed To Checkout
Complete payment details and Submit Order .