CPCA compiles information about grant and funding opportunities for California's community clinics and health centers. Listings are updated on a regular basis and include information about funding from both public and private sources. If you'd like to request a Letter of Support from CPCA for a grant application, please complete the Letter of Support Request Form .
Interested in a new cost-effective grant tracking and reporting system? CPCA has partnered with CiviCore, a technology solutions provider dedicated to improving the use of information in nonprofits, foundations, and public agencies, and a small workgroup of CPCA members to develop GrantTracker+, a grants management tool designed by and for community health centers.
GrantTracker+ is cloud-based, has no standard implementation fee, and costs only $150 per month for CPCA members ($200 per month for non-members) regardless of the number of users or amount of data in the system!
Learn more about GrantTracker+
GRANT & FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
SAMHSA: Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
The purpose of this program is to implement screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment services for adolescents and adults in primary care and community health settings for substance misuse and substance use disorders. This program is designed to expand the identification of, and enhance the care for, individuals who have or are at risk for a substance use disorder. SAMHSA expects to fund as many as 8 grantees with up to $995,000 per year for up to 5 years. Applications due February 21 by 8:59 p.m. PST. Click here for information.
SUPPORT FROM DHCS
The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) may provide letters of support for organizations in California applying to federal grants. If you are applying for a federal grant and would like to receive a letter of support from DHCS, you can submit a request to email@example.com.
Note that DHCS may choose not to provide letters for certain grant opportunities. In those situations, you should include documentation in your proposal showing that you submitted a request but were unable to secure a letter.
SUPPORT FROM OSHPD
The Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD), which serves as California’s Primary Care Office, offers letters of support for organizations in California applying to federal grants. If you are applying for a federal grant and would like to receive a letter of support from OSHPD, follow these guidelines:
- Submit request via email to HCRWorkforce@oshpd.ca.gov
- Email subject: Provide funding opportunity number [Letter of Support, “FOA #”]
- Email body: Provide funding opportunity title, number and application’s deadline
- Email attachment: In a separate Word document, provide abstract information on your project.
- At least 15 business days advanced notice is required. OSHPD suggests allowing 2-3 weeks for turnaround time.
OSHPD also has access to and knowledge of various data points to support proposal development:
- Census data on Medical Study Service Areas
- Medically Underserved Area/Medically Underserved Population designations
- National Health Service Corps provider data from HRSA Data Warehouse
- Health Profession Shortage Area FTE
- J-1 Visa Waiver data available through DHCS contact
- Clinics financial/utilization
- Health outcome measures, including preventable hospitalizations as indicators of access to community based primary and preventative care
- Licensing Board data on certain provider supply by County
- Health Professions Education Programs location information
- Research briefs and literature reviews on topics that impact California's healthcare workforce
- Send your specific data request via email to HCRWorkforce@oshpd.ca.gov
If you have questions or need more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org