DATES: September 1st, 2021- October 13, 2021 (Wednesdays). No session on 9/22/21
Registration has closed for this event.
Beginning September 1, CPCA and the Compassion Institute are offering a six-week Caring from the Inside Out: Foundations of Self and Collective Care (CFIO, formerly Compassion at Work) series. The goal of the course is twofold: (1) to increase both learners' self-awareness around their experiences of stress and burnout, and their connection to purpose and joy in work, and (2) to equip learners with mindful awareness and compassion-based skills and tools to support self and collective care that can be integrated seamlessly into their busy daily schedules. The training is designed to help learners cultivate and sustain new habits without adding to existing time pressures.
The Compassion Institute (CI) is a global advocate for compassion education, programs, and research. Their work was initiated at Stanford University School of Medicine Neurosciences Institute in 2009 to support human health, well-being, and interpersonal relationships within organizations and communities. Programs are developed by thought leaders and industry experts in compassion science and education, contemplative science, psychology, healthcare, and social sciences
- Jane Chun, The Compassion Institute- Jane has worked in humanitarian and international development organizations such as UNICEF, UNDP, IOM, and Search for Common Ground, serving populations affected by war, forced displacement, climate change, among other issues. At CI, she is dedicated to supporting the well-being of those serving the public and underserved, primarily in healthcare. She has facilitated inner learning journeys at a federal agency involved in the COVID-19 response, Task Force for Global Health, UCSD Health Sciences, UNDP, NYU Center for Human Rights and Global Justice, among others. Jane is a certified Compassion Cultivation Training instructor.
- Mireille Brosseau- Mireille has worked as a clinical chaplain in a large academic acute care hospital; program coordinator for leadership training; manager of patient partnerships in health quality standards development and accreditation; and facilitator for healthcare organizations seeking to develop collaborative continuous quality improvement processes. Since the beginning of the pandemic, as chaplain in a long-term care residence, Mireille has provided support to residents and families, one-on-one coaching and group debriefings for front-line staff, and compassion education for volunteers and staff.
Payment is due at time of registration. A 10% service fee will be applied for invoicing options.
- CPCA Member: $300
- Non Member Health Center: $300
- Associates: $350
- Non Member, Non Health Center: $400
THANK YOU TO OUR EXCLUSIVE SPONSOR!
HOW TO REGISTER
In order to register for any CPCA event, you must first be logged in to your account. If you do not have an account, you can create one. If you do not remember your login credentials, please email email@example.com. Once logged in, click the Register button, answer any questions that appear on the screen and click Save Responses. Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed to Checkout. Lastly, complete all payment details and click, Submit. You will receive one immediate email with a receipt of your order. Subsequent emails will follow with additional details. You can watch our brief registration tutorial video here. If you still have difficulty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from email@example.com and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5BusinessDaysPriorToEventDate.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing email@example.com according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
*Last year, in recognition of the tremendous financial stress members were facing and to ensure that important and timely information could be accessed with no barriers, CPCA elected to waive training fees for the entire membership year (April 1,2020- March 31, 2021) and offer all training at no cost. As we continue to work in this pandemic environment to provide members the support they need, we must also plan for the future while supporting community health centers in improving the health status of their communities through advocacy, education, and services. Which is why the Board of Directors approved a budget in February that reflects a reinstatement of training fees effective for trainings taking place on or after April 1, 2021. If you have any questions or concerns about this change, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.