DATE: Friday, February 19th, 2021
Health centers must consider multiple priorities when planning for mass vaccination, more so now during the COVID-19 pandemic. In this 90-minute webinar, we will discuss strategies health centers can employ when planning mass vaccination clinics at their health center or a satellite / mobile site.
Part 1: General strategies for holding a successful mass vax clinic. The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) will provide some general framework around the need for mass vaccination, an overview of existing guidelines/best practices, and discuss available resources for health centers planning for mass vaccination. CPCA staff will be present to discuss issues around licensing, including CDPH regulations and flexibilities; and liability, including HRSA scope of practice. We will also have a health center share the logistics of standing up a mass vax clinic, including operational strategies, staffing models, and reimbursement.
Part 2: Strategies for small- and medium-sized health centers and clinics. This session will be tailored to unique challenges that small- to medium-sized health centers face when planning for mass vaccinations. We will have a health center present on the strategies that they successfully employed to stand up a mass vax clinic. Topics covered will include:
-Staffing/workforce (shortages, etc.)
-Location, location, location
- Understand various considerations for holding a mass vaccination clinic, including licensing, liability, and logistics.
- Leverage available resources to develop strategies for standing up mass vaccination clinics, whether at the health center or a satellite/mobile site.
- Dr. Cora Hoover, Public Health Medical Officer, California Department of Public Health
- Elle Grant, Program Coordinator of Licensing and Enrollment, CPCA
- Emily Shipman, Assistant Director of Health Center Operations, CPCA
Payment is due at time of registration. A 10% service fee will be applied for invoicing options.
* Webinar fees are temporarily being covered by 2020/21 membership dues as part of CPCA's pandemic response for members in good standing.
- CPCA Member: NONE
- Non Member Health Center: $100
- Associates: $112.50
- Non Member, Non Health Center: $125
HOW TO REGISTER
In order to register for any CPCA event, you must first be logged in to your account. If you do not have an account, you can create one. If you do not remember your login credentials, please email email@example.com. Once logged in, click the Register button, answer any questions that appear on the screen and click Save Responses. Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed to Checkout. Lastly, complete all payment details and click, Submit. You will receive one immediate email with a receipt of your order. Subsequent emails will follow with additional details. You can watch our brief registration tutorial video here. If you still have difficulty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from email@example.com and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5BusinessDaysPriorToEventDate.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing email@example.com according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.