DATE: Thursday. June 10th, 2021
TIME: 10:00am to 11:30am
Health disparities are a serious and growing concern in communities across the country. Health equity is often embedded in health center QI strategies, though not always explicitly. In this learning lab we’ll learn and apply some practical strategies for promoting health equity through quality improvement.
- Support organizational learning about health equity in patient care.
- Conduct QI studies and activities with a health equity lens.
- Develop data systems to support analysis of health disparity and equity.
- Analyze data to produce quality measures that are sensitive to health disparity and health equity
- Effectively communicate QI study results across the organization
- James Kyle, MD, Medical Director for Quality, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, L.A. Care Health Plan
- Stephen Horan, PhD, CEO, Community Health Solutions
- Terry Laine, MS, PCMH, CCE, Senior Consultant at Community Health Solutions
Payment is due at time of registration. A 10% service fee will be applied for invoicing options.
- CPCA Member*: $100
- Non Member Health Center: $100
- Associates: $112.50
- Non Member, Non Health Center: $125
HOW TO REGISTER
In order to register for any CPCA event, you must first be logged in to your account. If you do not have an account, you can create one. If you do not remember your login credentials, please email email@example.com. Once logged in, click the Register button, answer any questions that appear on the screen and click Save Responses. Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed to Checkout. Lastly, complete all payment details and click, Submit. You will receive one immediate email with a receipt of your order. A second email will follow with a link to confirm your registration around 10 PM on the day you registered. You must Click the Link in this email to complete your registration, at which point you will be able to save the information to your calendar. You can watch our brief registration tutorial video here. If you still have difficulty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from email@example.com and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5BusinessDaysPriorToEventDate.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing email@example.com according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
*Last year, in recognition of the tremendous financial stress members were facing and to ensure that important and timely information could be accessed with no barriers, CPCA elected to waive training fees for the entire membership year (April 1,2020- March 31, 2021) and offer all training at no cost. As we continue to work in this pandemic environment to provide members the support they need, we must also plan for the future while supporting community health centers in improving the health status of their communities through advocacy, education, and services. Which is why the Board of Directors approved a budget in February that reflects a reinstatement of training fees effective for trainings taking place on or after April 1, 2021. If you have any questions or concerns about this change, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.