DATE: July 23, 2020
TIME: 11 AM - 12 PM Pacific
Community Health Centers were founded in the social justice and health equity movements of the 1960’s. More than half a century later, we see that progress is too slow and the struggle is not over. There is no single solution to the structural racism that contribute to poor health outcomes among black communities. This webinar will discuss actions health center organizations and individuals can take to dismantle racist policies, practices, and systems that contribute to disparities in health outcomes (including social determinates of health) for black communities. Panelists will speak to informing advocacy and policy work through community defined interventions to improve relationships, care and outcomes for black communities with a focus on Black infant and maternal mortality as well as behavioral health interventions.
This webinar is the second in a series examining Black health disparities and the role of health centers in promoting race and health equity. Please click here to register for the first session: Pandemics, Policing, and Protest: On Racism and Health.
- Discuss advocacy opportunities to reduce black health disparities
- Summarize advocacy areas to push the needle to reduce black health disparities
- Nomsa Khalfani, PhD, MFT, Executive Vice President, Essential Access Health
- Percy Howard, LCSW, President and Chief Executive Officer, California Institute for Behavioral Health Solutions (CIBHS)
Payment is due at time of registration. A 10% service fee will be applied for invoicing options.
* Webinar fees are temporarily being covered by 2020/21 membership dues as part of CPCA's pandemic response for members in good standing.
- CPCA Member: NONE
- Non Member Health Center: $100
- Associates: $112.50
- Non Member, Non Health Center: $125
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from firstname.lastname@example.org and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after July 17, 2020.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.
You must first be logged in to register. If you do not have an account, you can create one.
To complete your registration after logging-in, select Register
Answer any required questions and click Save Response
Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed To Checkout
Complete payment details and Submit Order .